Goal Setting Activities that will Lead to Your Success.
When you first set out on your goal setting activities in order to change your life, it can seem like a daunting task.
It is possible for anyone who knows the way,to achieve greatness, accumulate wealth, and also be happy, if they apply themselves to following that I am about to reveal to you.
This is the method that has been used by successful people, in all walks of life throughout the past century.
Do not worry, or become overwhelmed by uncertainty, fear or doubt. What I'm about to share with you will help you through it, regardless of how big, or long, the task may be.
The first important thing you have to do is to write everything down. Write down everything that you want to achieve.
The milestones, the end goals, the results you expect to achieve. Show yourself the big picture.
Keep the written down goals in front of you at your work space, so you can’t fail to look at them, and evaluate your path to success, every single day.
By having them continually in front of you engages your subconscious mind on how to work on how you are going to achieve these goals.
It is important to know that for any goal to work for you,
• It has to be important to you, personally. If you are not mentally and emotionally committed to the purpose of achieving the goal sooner or later the day by day obstacles will weaken your resolve and cause you to give up.
• It has to be within your power to make it happen through your own actions. When it comes to personal goals, over-reliance on other peoples support is not recommended. You are the master of your own destiny.
• It has to be something you have a reasonable chance of achieving. Trying to run before you can walk is not sensible, this is why your plan should be a series of small goals that ultimately complete your purpose.
• It must be clearly defined and have a specific plan of action and timescale. Plans that do not lead to actions will not create success. The time scale is important as it motivates you to get the action in motion. As you reach each small goal on your way, set a new time scale for the next step.
How to proceed with your goal setting activities
1. Define the goal.
2. Outline the small goals or steps needed to achieve it.
3. Look at possible obstacles and devise ways of dealing with them.
4. Set deadlines for each successive step.
When do you reach a goal, no matter how small, praise yourself for a job well done. Then thank yourself, and reward yourself for each accomplishment, by taking a break, or buying yourself a gift of some kind.
Everything you achieve in life, will be the result of small daily successes. Step after step, one foot in front of the other, until you cross that finish line, and reach that goal.
When you do reach a major milestone, like the half way point, take some time off to rejuvenate. Surround yourself with positive things, that make you feel productive. Create an atmosphere of success, reminding yourself of all you have accomplished, and how much more you are willing to learn.
Have the courage to say no to distractions. Learn what to say no to. Quickly decide which projects are worth your energy and focus. For wealth can be earned, spent and re-earned again.
Your time on the other hand cannot. Apart form your health time is the most valuable thing you possess. Spend it wisely, investing in your goals and dreams.
As time management is one of the cornerstones of a successful life I have a free 30page Ebook that you can download to help you take control of your most precious asset -your time
You must believe that you can achieve the task at hand, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Focus on one small goal. One item on your to do list. Complete it, then move on to the next.
That's all it takes, one small achievement, to keep you hungry, yet humble, knowing that you have what it takes to succeed.
Be content with what you have, but it's ok to want more. Celebrate all you have. All you love. And everything that you want to learn.
I called this a secret method at the start of this article and now you may ask why when all the above looks like just common sense.
You are right it shouldn’t be called a secret but it might as well because so few people use this method.
A survey was carried out at Harvard University some years ago on the intake of new students that year. The survey asked the students if they had goals and also if they had written down their goals.
Only 3% of the students had written goals.
The survey followed up these same students 20 years later to see what their progress in life had been.
There was a wide range of accomplishment as you would expect but it was only the 3% who had written down their goals who had successfully achieved their life goals.
I believe this is why goal setting is a part of the curriculum in American schools today.
This is such an important life skill, I think children everywhere should be taught to take more control of their own destinies.
Extend your life by being Happier. Learn How.